Low Carb Egg Salad Recipe
Here's an egg salad recipe with a nice little twist. I add butter which really gives the salad a great mouth feel and flavor.
Ellen’s Egg Salad
Makes about 3 cups
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/3 cup finely minced white onion
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fill a large pot with cold water, and lay in eggs. Bring to rolling boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and pour as much of the hot water out as you can. Leave eggs in pot and refill it with cold water.
- Let eggs sit in cold water for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove eggs, pat them dry and peel them.
- Chop the peeled eggs into uniform 1/4 inch pieces. An egg slicer works well for getting the process started.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Nutrition info for 2 ounce serving: 163 calories, 14 grams fat, 6 grams protein, 2 grams carb, 1 gram fiber.
Done with Egg Salad Recipe, back to Low Carb Recipes