Low Carb Pie Crust
This low carb pie crust is based on almond flour, and actually tastes better than a conventional wheat flour based crust. I use it for making miniature tarts crusts for appetizer bases. Although I haven't tried it, I would imagine it would work just as well for a regular sized pie crust.
Almond Flour Low Carb Pie Crust
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place the almond flour in a medium mixing bowl and add the butter. Mix well.
- Add the eggs and salt and mix throughly. The dough should come together, and pull away from the sides of the bowl and start to make a ball as you mix it. If it still seems sticky, add a little more almond flour and keep mixing until you get to a dough consistency that can be rolled out.
- Place the dough ball between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Using a heavy rolling pin, roll the dough out into a 10" x 16" rectangle with about a 1/4 inch thickness.
Suggested Use: Making Miniature Tart Shells
- For miniature tarts, use a 2" biscuit cutter to cut circles into the dough. Put a miniature cupcake paper into each well of a miniature cupcake pan.
- Take each dough circle and carefully press it into a paper cup. This is easier if you use a Mini Tart Shaper.
- If the dough breaks, just add a bits of dough into the holes and press again with the tart shaper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 5-6 minutes or until edges are golden.
These mini tart crusts are fantastic when used as a base for low carb appetizers.
Done with Low Carb Pie Crust, back to Low Carb Recipes