Versatile Low Carb Sauces
These low carb sauces are very versatile. Plain poultry or fish can be dry and boring, so adding one of these tasty sauces can spruce up a bland low carb meal in a snap.
Tarragon Cream Sauce
This sauce is excellent over baked chicken.
- 2 ounces white onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (ie. Pinot Grigio)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- salt to taste
- In a medium skillet, saute the onions and garlic in butter until soft.
- Add the broth, wine and cream cheese.
- Stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Add the cream and spices and stir until mixed well. If it seems too thick, add more chicken broth.
Nutrition info: 1 ounce has 72 calories, 7 grams of fat, 1 gram of protein, and 1 gram of carb.
Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce
Now here's a sauce for seafood. It's good over baked salmon, crab cakes, fish, scallops or any other seafood you have on hand.
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon of dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt
- White pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
- Use a dipping sauce, or spoon it over baked fish, crab cakes or seafood casseroles.
Nutrition info: 1 ounce has 89 calories, 9 grams of fat, and 1 gram of carb.
Done with Low Carb Sauces, back to Low Carb Recipes