Low Carb Breakfast Recipes
Low carb breakfast recipes seem to be stumbling block for many people starting a ketogenic diet.
People are just so used to being told that the standard "healthy" breakfast consists of cereal and skim milk, or a bagel and orange juice, not to mention the popularity of the convenience of microwave breakfast burritos, pancakes, waffles, donuts and other high carb foods.
In addition, many people don't have time to cook in the morning. To get around the weekday time crunch, spend time on the weekends creating breakfast choices that are fast and easy to reheat or grab out of the refrigerator.
For instance, every Sunday, I make several quiches using my low carb quiche recipes and I eat a slice each day for breakfast during the work week. I can quickly throw a slice in the microwave, heat it for 45 seconds, and voila, I have an egg and cheese breakfast that is filling, delicious and satisfying.
If you don't like eggs, or you need more variety, here are some more ideas on quick, easy to fix low carb breakfast recipes:
- Deli Rolls: Buy good quality, thinly sliced meats like ham or smoked turkey.
These are great for lunch as well. For different flavors, you can add some finely minced onion, shallots, dijon mustard, or spices to the cream cheese before spreading it over the meat.
- Lay the slices out between clean paper towels and pat them dry.
- Take 8 ounces of plain, full fat cream cheese and bring it to room temperature (soften it).
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese on each slice of meat and then roll up the slice from one side, like a jelly roll.
- Repeat until you use all the meat or cheese. Chill the rolls over night.
- Greek yogurt protein cups: take 6 ounces of full fat greek yogurt (I love Fage brand) and add 1/2 scoop of unsweetened or artificially sweetened whey protein power. Add 1 ounce of heavy cream and mix well. Refrigerate overnight. You could make 6 of these at a time, and keep them ready for breakfast on the run
I prefer the Jay Robb brand.
You can get chocolate, vanilla, tropical orange, pina colada, or strawberry, and they are junk free and delicious.
- Leftover meat from last night's dinner: cold steak tips, pork chunks, leftover salmon or chicken makes a tasty, quick breakfast. Add an ounce of hard cheese and an ounce of macadamia nuts to round it out.
- Low Carb Muffins: I make low carb muffins out of almond flour, and they have less than 6 carbs each. They are really yummy with butter.
- Protein Shake: All you need for a quick but delicious shake is a blender bottle, some whey protein powder, and unsweetened almond milk.
Pour 8-16 ounces of unsweetened almond milk in the blender bottle, add a scoop of protein powder (see Jay Robb brand on sidebar), shake to mix, and drink. Can't get any simpler, and it only has 2 carbs, 2 grams of fat, 26 grams of protein.
Done with Low Carb Breakfast Recipes, back to Low Carb Recipes
Recommended Whey Protein Powders