Quick Keto Chicken Recipes
These keto chicken recipes are easy to make and delicious. Throw one together for a quick dinner!
Chicken with Tarragon and Green Onions
This quick, easy keto chicken recipe is inexpensive too. I buy the 3-pound bag of chicken tenders at my local warehouse store and then divide it into smaller portions before I freeze it. Easy to just grab a bag of tenders and throw it in the refrigerator before you leave for the day.
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 20-24 ounces thawed chicken
- 2 scallions, sliced
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon,
or 1 teaspoon dried, divided
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 thick slices Boars Head or other
good quality white American cheese (about 2.5 ounces)
- Melt butter in large skillet with a lid over medium heat.
- Add garlic, scallions and chicken tenders, and sprinkle with
salt, pepper and some of the tarragon.
- Fry until chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes, covering
and turning the chicken pieces at 3-minute intervals.
- Turn heat down to low and remove skillet from heat for about
2 minutes to cool it slightly. Do not drain.
- Put the skillet back on the heat and add whipping cream and
tarragon. You should have watery sauce
at this point. If not, add 2 tablespoons
- Add the rest of the tarragon, and allow the chicken simmer
in this watery sauce for about 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the American cheese to the watery cream sauce and stir
until it has melted. Add more spices to taste. You should now have a thicker,
- Put the chicken back into the skillet and stir to coat with
- Serve hot. Goes great with a salad or steamed vegetables.
Quick Herbed Keto Chicken Recipe
Buy a roasted chicken on the way home, and make this quick and easy recipe. It's my go-to for evening meals when it has been a busy day.
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 -2 teaspoons dried spice, your choice of flavors*
- Juice or other liquid flavoring, your choice*
- 4 tablespoons cream
- Add all the ingredients to a skillet, and warm over low to medium heat until the mixture is hot.
- Serve with a salad.
* Spice combination suggestions:
- Thyme and Lemon (use about 2 teaspoons lemon juice)
- Cumin, garlic and green chili
- Ginger and Tamari or soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- Garlic powder, oregano and pizza sauce
- Basil and garlic
- Chinese 5-spice powder and orange juice
- Rosemary and sage
All of my books are available in electronic PDF, and now in paperback on Amazon!