Low Carb Barbecue Sauce
This low carb barbecue sauce is a tasty addition to my low carb meatloaf recipe. I also use this as dipping sauce with beef brisket, chicken, pulled pork, meatballs and even on salmon. I adapted the recipe from a neat low carb cookbook called Carb Wars: Sugar is the New Fat by Judy Barnes Baker.
Keto BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped (about 3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons bacon fat
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, hickory or mesquite flavor
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon gravy flavoring (like Kitchen Bouquet or Gravy Master)
- 5 packets Just Like Sugar sweetener
- 1 packet splenda
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the butter and bacon fat until soft.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and simmer, uncovered, over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- If you prefer a smooth sauce, puree the mixture using a food processor or an immersion blender.
- Makes about 2 cups.
Nutrition Info: Serving size 2 tablespoons: 28 Calories, 2 grams fat, 3 grams of carb, 1 gram of fiber.
All of my books are available in electronic PDF, and now in paperback on Amazon!
Done with Low Carb Barbecue Sauce, back to Low Carb Recipes