Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
These low carb peanut butter cookies are a fantastic substitute for the high carb, flour and sugar based alternative. Using a cream cheese/nut butter base makes for a thick, chewy texture.
For a richer peanut butter flavor, you could substitute one cup of peanut flour for 1 cup of the almond flour.
Low Carb Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened natural peanut butter, room temperature*
- 2/3 cup powdered erythritol (I use Swerve)
- 1/2 cup Brown Just Like Sugar
- 1 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- chopped peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl, whisk almond flour, xanthum gum, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or nonstick baking liner. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter and peanut butter. Mix on high until smooth.
- Add sweeteners and mix until fluffy. Scrap bowl down.
- Add eggs one at a time with mixer running, then add vanilla. Scrape down bowl.
- Add the almond flour mixture. Mix just until combined. The dough should start to look shiny and stick together in a ball**.
- Add in chopped peanuts if available.
- Scoop the dough with a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop (#60) or drop the dough in 1 tablespoon amounts, then roll in your hand to make ball (let dough firm up a bit in refrigerator to reduce stickiness).
- You can lightly press down cookie with a fork making a crisscross pattern if you like the traditional peanut butter cookie look.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.
Makes 56 low carb peanut butter cookies.
Nutritional information for 1 cookie: 57 calories, 5 grams fat, 3 grams carb, 2 grams fiber, 3 grams protein. (Net carb per cookie 1 gram)
Nutritional information for entire batch: 3216 calories, 284 grams fat, 145 grams carb, 88 grams fiber, 113 grams protein (net carbs 56 grams)
* Santa Cruz' dark roasted peanut butter is my favorite.
** The dough can be stored in the refrigerator in airtight container. For ease of use later, form the dough into 1 ounce balls and refrigerate or freeze. Thaw and bake as needed.
All of my books are available in electronic PDF, and now in paperback on Amazon!
Done with Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies, Back to Low Carb Recipes